ECommerce is a competitive market where store owners have to come up with new strategies to seize maximum market share. Discount offering is one of such strategies that encourages the most customer acquisition.
But discount offering is a sensitive strategy which, when done the wrong way, hurts your profit margins instead of bolstering it.
By offering discounts on a product you are basically selling your items at a lower price which should decrease your profit but if you strategize your discounts you can acquire more buyers, and retain existing customers in exchange for the discount you offer.
If you are a WooCommerce store owner you will not find the custom discount feature by default, you will need to download and install a plugin to enable your online store with custom discount feature.
In this blog I have listed the top 8 dynamic pricing and discount plugins for your WooCommerce store. I have also outlined their features and pricing so that you can make an informed decision when opting for a custom discount plugin for your WooCommerce store.
Top 5 Dynamic Pricing and Discount Plugins for WooCommerce
1. ELEX Dynamic Pricing and Discount by ELEXtensions
With ElEX Dynamic Pricing and Discount plugin you can easily apply custom discounts at various cart levels, specific products, product combination, product category and provide BOGO (buy one get one) deals to your customers.
It has the exclusive feature of setting a maximum discount limit over each rule. On top of it, WooCommerce store owners also get back-end features such as variable pricing discounts visualisation, discount rules and pricing display in table format.
- Set discount per product or per product models and variations
- Apply discount per category
- Create discount rules based on product types, quantity, weight or price
- Discount type can be percentage, flat rate discount, and fixed price
- Set discount based on cart parameters
- Create ‘BOGO’ buy one get one rules
- Apply discount based on product combinations
- Set discount based on user-roles
- Provide cart discount based on shipping method
- Offer cart discount based on payment method
- Single site – $79.00 one-time purchase
- Up to 5 sites – $119.00 one-time purchase
- Up to 25 sites – $199.00 one-time purchase
2. WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing With Discount Rules by BeePlugin
WooCommerce dynamic pricing with discount rules by BeePlugin is a full-fledged custom discount plugin designed to give WooCommerce store owners a wide scope of discount rule customization.
Store owners can create discount rules based on specific user, user-roles, specific products, product categories; provide store-wide discount, set discount in percentage or fixed rate discount and more features packed in on tool.
‘WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing with Discount Rules’ by BeePlugin is a must-have plugin for online store owners who want to provide customized online store discount offerings to their customers that works in tandem with their discount sales strategies.
- Apply store-wide discount in percentage or flat rate
- Set discount for specific user based on user-name or email id
- Apply discounts for specific user-roles such as wholesalers, retailers, customers etc
- Select multiple number of users for a discount rule from a single user form
- Provide discounts on multiple product categories and sub-categories
- Display ‘Flash Sale’ by setting a start-date and end-date for you discount campaigns
- Admins can view discount rules created in list and grid view
- Admins can view, modify or delete all discount rules as well as customer information from the backend
- Single site $27/ 1 years updates
- Single site – $129/Lifetime updates
3. Dynamic Pricing & Discount Rules by Woosuite
With the Woosuite dynamic pricing and discount rules you can set a default discount for each-product basis or store-wide, as well as set advanced discount criteria on when and how much discount you want to provide and to whom.
The plugin comes loaded with pre-defined templates which you can customize to your store needs. For example you could apply discounts based on the user’s membership, cart order value, minimum quantity, minimum order and more discount criteria to give you a full-fledged scope of product discount customization.
- Set a discount rule on maximum order value.
- Apply different pricing for the same product.
- Offer discount on bulk orders.
- Provide tiered pricing i.e. discount value increases with increased product quantity
- Applies discount based on buying X quantity of products at full price to apply discount on Y quantity of products.
- Create pricing discounts based on percentage or fixed price.
- Set user restrictions
- Basic: $8.25/month
- Professional: $12/month
- All Access: $29/month
4. Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce by Orion
Orion offers a wide range of criterias to set your discount rules. With the ‘Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce’ plugin by Orion you can set a variety of custom discounts you can think of. It enables you to set up bulk discounts, product-specific discounts, offer discounts based on customer roles, provide free gifts, and provide ‘buy one get one’ deals to your selected customers.
- Provide pricing tables on products
- Create tiered pricing
- Offer bulk discount based on percentage or fixed price
- Apply bulk discount on products with specific properties
- Set separate discounts for registered users and unregistered users
- Provide discounts to specific user types such as mailchimp subscribers, newsletter subscribers,
- Customers from a specific country, etc.
- Offer gifts based on total cart value
- Provide gifts based on previously purchased items
- Display ‘BOGO’ deals
- Discount automation
- One website – $60/year
- Five websites – $180/year
- Twenty five websites – $600/year
5. YITH WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts by YITH
Supercharge your discount campaigns on your online store by using the ‘YITH WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts’ by YITH. Create multiple variations of your discount rules to strategically provide your promotions and discounts.
YITH provides powerful discount customization and dynamic pricing features to create targeted promotions that catches customers’ attention. With features such as discounts, special prices, bonuses, free products and BOGO deals you get unlimited scope of product price customization on your WooCommerce store.
- Show dynamic price notification on the product page to promote available discounts and offers
- Show quantity and price tables in horizontal or vertical layout
- Create price rules to offer discount based on product quantity
- Offer product discount based on fixed price or percentage discount
- Provide buy one and get discount on second item deals to customers
- Option to exclude users or user-roles from the discount rule
- Schedule rules by setting up a start and end date
- $139.99 for the first year then $164.99/year
Top eCommerce Discount Strategies that Work Like a Charm!
When it comes to increasing customer acquisition and product sales, giving out big discounts without an outlined strategy only gets you bargain hunters. What you really need is customers you can connect to for a longer period of time; make more product sales keeping profit margins higher. To achieve above mentioned sales and marketing goals you will need discount strategies where you acquire a customer in exchange for a deal you offer.
Abandoned Cart Discounts:
It’s estimated that eCommerce stores lose $18 billion in sales every year because of cart abandonment. An average store loses over 75% of sales due to cart abandonment. That’s a big part of your store sales which can be retrieved with a swift offering of abandoned cart discount.
Offer loyalty discounts to your loyal customers to cultivate a stronger relationship. Loyal discounts offer price reduction to new-in products and previously-purchased products to get repeat sales.
Provide clearance sale to empty stock products. On the flip side, clearance sale gets ecommerce stores more customer registration than other discount strategies as it attracts more newer customers for its bigger discounts.
Exit Intent Pop Up Discount:
Prompt additional discounts to users who are about to exit your site without making a purchase. Encourage new customers to sign up, convert casual viewers to buying customers.
Discount on Referrals:
Encourage your existing customers to market for you; let them vouch for your products and services by giving them additional discounts on products for referring your brand to their friends.
Offering discounts is all about creating balance between how much you can let go and what you get in return. When working with your discount strategy it’s always advised to try out different discount offerings and monitor the type of discount that works best for you.
For WooCommerce store owners a custom discount and dynamic pricing plugin is an asset that saves tons of WooCommerce development costs as store-owners can just spend a fraction of that cost, integrate a well-designed plugin to the store and start taking orders in 24 hours.
A custom discount plugin enables WooCommerce store owners to offer customized discounts and deals to customers based on discount rules set in the Admin. Store owners can target their discount rules to specific users, products, product categories and other criterias.
Go to https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-custom-discount/ and download the plugin. Next go to the WordPress admin area and click Plugin > Add New and then Upload the downloaded file to install the plugin.
Go to ‘Manage Customer Discount’ from the Dashboard menu. Next, set the discount criteria by selecting user, product, product category and discount percentage to set a discount rule.